What Personal Information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to help you with your experience. We may also receive demographics or interest information via Google Analytics.
When do we collect information?
We collect information directly from you when you register on our site or enter information on our site. We may also collect demographics or interest information passively via Google Analytics.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To Provide Our Tools and Services. This could include fulfilling your requests for tools or services. It could also include processing purchases or other transactions.
- To Improve Our Tools and Services. We may use your information to make our Platform, tools and services better. We may also use your information to customize your experience with us.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback or notifying you if you win a promotion.
- To Understand Your Interests. For example, we may use your information to better understand what tools interest you.
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our tools and services. It may also include protecting our Platform.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You.
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers. We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your Personal Information.
All purchase transactions are processed through PayPal and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personal Information.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We may use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to see where our traffic is coming from.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
If you are a resident of California the following information and rights are provided to you as required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Policy.
Personal information under CCPA does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data.
- Financial Information covered by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and implementing regulations.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
Sale of Personal Information:
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information.
RIGHTS REGARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the following rights (“Data Subject Rights”) under CCPA in relation to your personal information that we hold about you that is collected.
- Right of Access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your personal information and, if so, provide you with a copy of all Personal information you are lawfully entitled to receive along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee. In addition, you may request the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information, and if we disclosed your personal information, identify the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained. Right to Deletion: You may ask us to delete or remove your personal information, such as where you withdraw your consent, where applicable. If we shared your data with others, we will tell them about the erasure where possible. We have no current plans to share your personal information.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to obtain your personal information from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you, and that is processed by us by automated means. We will give you your personal information in a portable format.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: If we rely on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent will not affect any processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw consent.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint with the California Attorney General: Individuals that have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handle your personal information, you can report it to the California Attorney General.
If you wish to exercise any of these Data Subject Rights, please contact us via at the information provided in the HOW TO CONTACT US section below. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in compliance with applicable law. We may deny your request to exercise any of your Data Subject Rights above if any such personal data is being used to:
- complete a transactions;
- upholding a legal obligations
- maintain security and existing functionality
- protect free speech
- conduct research; and
- allow for other internal, expected, and lawful uses.
In addition to the rights in the section above, if you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please use any of the methods referenced in the Contact Us Section below.
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Platform. This Policy is current as of the “last revised” date which appears at the top of this page.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
Use of Platform by Individuals under Thirteen Years of Age
Our Platform is only intended and marketed to individuals above the age of thirteen (13).
If you discover that information of anyone under thirteen (13) years of age was submitted to the Services, please contact us using any methods in the “Contacting Us” section below and we will remove such information.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy, or wish to update your information, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Revised: 11-06-2020